Sunday, June 10, 2007

A partially interesting Sunday

Well, it's been an okay Sunday. Here I sit, listening to Seanchas will I write this post, and chatting with my friend on Skype.

Breakfast was good, we had crepes. I ate a bit less than usual. I don't know why. >_>

My brother's friend (AL's brother) is over, and they've been playing video games for the whole time. Typical. *rolls eyes* I really wish they'd have smileys on this thing...

AL was going to come over, but he apparently had too much homework, and there wasn't even any homework this weekend (last weekend before school gets out)! According to his dad, it "piled up throughout the year." Very typical of AL, lol.

And......... school gets out this Thursday! The whole week, we'll basically be watching movies, lol. Tomorrow, we're launching rockets. I'm not particularly excited about that, but I'm more worried that mine works okay (my grade is based on that). *gulp*

We are not sure where to go to dinner. We are still debating it. The Chinese place seems to be what's probably going to be chosen, but we're not sure. (Speaking of Chinese food, I've heard that actual Chinese food is very different from "American Chinese" food. Is that true, ZaPaper?)

I haven't played video games in over two weeks, I think. I'm proud of myself. (I have, however watched TV, but just a bit >_< )

I can't seem to think of a good ending. Oh, well. Bye!

EDIT: zomg the photos! I may forget to get them tonight, but I'll try!

3 comments:

ZaPaper said...

Hey, good for you about the video games! Yes, you are right, real Chinese food is a lot different from most of the Chinese food you get in America (of course there are some exceptions). Chinese believe that Americans live in a state of utter culinary degradation--they may be right, but their opinion is mainly based on the fact that almost the only American foods they have are KFC, McDonalds, and Pizza Hut. Anyway, the main difference is the incredibly variety of things types of food available here. Also, types of foods are very seasonal. I'm not a food expert, so I can't even start to tell you; but I just know that everyone lines up at a certain place at a certain time because they have the exact thing everyone wants just then. Next week it'll be something else.

Btw, the original post about the leaf bug is here.

Twintree said...

Aha! The mantis looks so real in the first pic! I think when I first saw it I thought it was a real mantis, lol. Too bad it doesn't really look like that anymore, although it's still amazing.

ZaPaper said...

Lots of other people thought it was real too! They did double-takes when they saw me walking with it!