Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Water Balloon Catapult

My mom is on a work trip, so my brother and I are having various people stay with us. Yesterday, our uncle stayed with us. We built a water balloon catapult using poles, surgical tube, and red tape (all from Bi-Mart =P ) ! It goes so far! We were launching it yesterday, and we got it to go 4 houses down the street (a big hill). This morning we launched it the other direction. My brother pulled it back really, really far, and not far enough down, so it hit smack on the mailbox. It made a huge dent! Fortunately, we pushed it back out. =P We also tried to hit our uncle's car, but we didn't succeed. =P

This morning my brother showed our uncle the demented cartoon movie. It is probably more than 15 minutes long (of total randomness), and I can't really stand it for that long. Only watch it if you are completely bored and will do anything. It is the most random thing. (For example, the first part is random people walking in, saying "blah," and having their heads blown off.) If you really have nothing better to do, the link is on the right.

I will also try to more frequently rotate the videos on the right column. At the moment, it is showing my favorite band, Capercaillie, playing a song called Mile Marbhaisg. This is not the best version of the song, but I still like it. =P

Oh, and ZaPaper, would you happen to know a chinese song called Gan Lan Shu, or The Olive Tree? Misty River (a favorite band of mine) does it, and they have an interesting story that goes with it.

Nothing else to report. See ya!

1 comment:

ZaPaper said...

Hi Twintree,
I like the idea of a water balloon catapult, a lot. Sorry I have not checked in for a while. I was busy moving out of Beijing, and coming to Chicago, where I am now. I have not heard of that song, but I'll look into it. The Chinese have their own google, which is called baidu, and it is good for finding stuff in Chinese!