Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Back from Hawaii, planes, planes, and more planes

Well, we're finally back from Hawaii. It was a pretty fun trip overall. (Except for yesterday, which was all planes, driving, and sitting in the airport from 6 AM to 12 PM.)

We went to the big island, which is where we went last year (I really want to go to Maui sometime to see a silversword). I went snorkeling twice. My brother, mom, and some friends that we went with also went snorkeling twice more, at a beach that I hate because it's so shallow. All of it was beautiful. My favorite snorkeling was at the Captain Cook monument, but the boat ride over made me seasick. D=

The food was yummy. There are actually not many good restaurants around Kona (where we were), but you just have to find the best ones. My favorite is a breakfast and lunch place called U-Top-It, where they have crepe like things and you put whatever you want on them.

I mainly forgot about my camera until the last day (Monday), but we went to a nice beach and I took some great pics. (I can't spell beach today.) I will post some pics when I get them uploaded. (Uh oh.)

And of course, yesterday. That's a whole different story, but I'll tell it anyway. =P Yesterday, we had to get up at 5:30 AM so we could eat, drive to the airport, and still catch our 8:20 flight to Honolulu. Then we had a 3 1/2 hour layover in Honolulu before our 12:30 flight to San Fransisco. Because of the time change, it was 8:15 PDT when we got to San Fran. And then we had to get one more flight back home. Because of the baggage, and the driving home, it was 2:30 in the morning when we actually got home. (And here I am, less than 10 hours later, typing on the computer. Typical of me. lol)

So that is the conclusion to our interesting and fun (except for yesterday) trip.

No comments: