Friday, July 27, 2007

Camping

Last weekend (yes, it's been a while) we went camping to a place about 1.5 hours from here. We got a site right next to the stream. It was a pretty nice place, but it rained a whole lot the first night. In the middle of summer! We had lots of hot chocolate and s'mores. (Btw, I love the spanish word for hot chocolate! It makes it seem like you're an expert because it's very easy to say fast =D )

For dinner on Saturday, we had hot dogs. While my brother and dad cooked two each, I completely failed to cook even one. I stuck it in the embers and ended up burning the top. I tried to peel off most of the black, but then I felt the bottom and it was barely warm. I finally resorted to the grill, and then when I went to take it off, it fell into the ashes. D= But then my dad cooked one for me. =D

Usually, when I cook s'mores, I put the marshmallow near the embers, and it gets nice and brown on the side. The problem is, the bottom/middle usually don't get cooked, and I don't like the texture of uncooked marshmallows. Then, my dad suggested a way, to stick it above the flames. It didn't get brown, but it was wonderfully cooked all the way through, so warm and melted it was falling off the stick! Unfortunately, that was on the last night we were there, so no one else wanted any. I ate about 5. =3

Am I spelling marshmallows right? :-?

ZaPaper, I added that ClustrMaps thing you have on your site. It hasn't done anything yet, I guess it will soon. =D

Sorry I haven't been replying to comments. I appreciate them all, but I barely even have time to blog!

Nothing else to report. I might change the video, but I won't tell anything about it unless I really want to. =P

EDIT: Actually, I am going to say something about the video. It's (another) one of my fav bands, and a great song, Seanchas. The person who put it on Youtube does not allow embedding, so you just have to click on it to watch it. It is a great song, but the video is not that great, so just pay attention to the song. =D

ANOTHER EDIT: I just remembered something else I should say, to make this post a boring post. I'm back into Myst, which is a very fun computer game series. I beat Exile in 2 days, and I also played Uru a bit. Unfortunately, I was reading the manual for my favorite of them, Revelation (I hadn't yet installed it, 8GB =O ), and it said "Laptop video cards not supported." *cries* I can't play it on my computer! We have another computer, but it can't read DVDs! =(

1 comment:

ZaPaper said...

Hi Twintree,
Loved your camping stories! Sorry I haven't had a chance to comment... we didn't have internet in the apartment we just moved to. It was totally inconvenient (we've been here since 8/1), and the DSL only just came on today.

My favorite way to do marshmallows is get them really brown on the outside and then pull off that outside skin and eat it, then toast it again and get it really brown again, then pull of the skin, etc. Ha ha, that was a boring comment to fit the blog theme.

I don't know how to say hot chocolate in Spanish, so I can't even pretend to be an expert. :P