Thursday, August 30, 2007

iTunes trouble, new blog template

I didn't tell you about this yesterday, but it did happen to me yesterday. I bought a live CD last two weeks ago (it happened to be Sarah McLachlan's "Mirrorball - The Complete Concert"). Once I listened to it, I found that some of the tracks were incomplete. The songs themselves were complete, but some were missing some clapping and Sarah talking, so the CD didn't flow very well. I could not "Report a problem" with my purchase before we went, because the only way I knew how was to click on a link in the email receipt, and mine hadn't come yet. It came while we were in DC, and I only got to it yesterday.

Here's another complication: I found another site (Nettwerk itself) offering a complete MP3 download (I could tell by the running times), at a higher quality, possibly even including all the album artwork, for, get this, less money.

First, I basically reported a problem saying I didn't get the whole CD and I wanted my money back. I really wanted the version from Nettwerk itself, but I didn't say so. :) They sent me back an email saying it didn't download properly, and to try again. I could tell that was not the problem, so I wanted to send them another "Report a problem," but the silly iTunes store wouldn't let me! I even tried re-downloading my music, the problem wasn't fixed, and I still couldn't report another problem! After a bit of speculating whether to try to call them for customer service, I tried to reply to the e-mail. To my surprise, I got a reply stating that they had reversed the credit. Sure enough, when I checked back into iTunes, I had $17 more left! :) I guess you succeed if you keep trying! =D

Also, I changed the template (obviously). I was getting a bit tired of the green. Tell me how you like it!

2 comments:

ZaPaper said...

Hi tt. I like the new template. I'm glad the music thing worked out. I hate that feeling of buying something and then wishing you hadn't...

Twintree said...

I hate that too. I'm certainly going to look way more carefully before buying something now, especially on iTunes.

I like the new template too. I wish you could customize them a bit more, though.