Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Middle of night (or morning) return

Last night, we arrived at the airport from Washington DC at about 1:30 AM. We got home at 3:30 AM. And we were still on EST, so it was 6:30 AM our time. So we were up about all of the night, and I barely slept. You’d think I would sleep like half the day, but I actually woke up at 6:15. I guess I was still on EST, because that’s 9:15 EST. (Either that or I did actually sleep on the plane).

OK, enough ranting about the night. How about the trip? We’d been to DC once before, and seen some of the more major sights then, so this time we looked a little closer at some of the smaller things to see.

We went to the top of the Washington Monument (the tall building in the middle of the mall). The first time we went, we found out that we needed tickets. *rolls eyes* Silly us. We bought some 10:30 tickets online for the 10:30 walk-down tour. When we got there, we found out that you needed 10:00 tickets to walk down, because the walk-down tour is at 10:30. *rolls eyes* Oh, well. We took the elevator down. At the top, they had four windows that looked out each of the four directions. I took a picture out of each window, and I will post them along with some other pictures in my gallery (once I get them downloaded off my camera *rolls eyes*). (Geez, they really need some emoticons on blogger).

We also went on a tour of the White House. It was exciting, but not as impressive as I thought it would be because it was smaller than I thought. They didn’t allow cameras in there, so I have no pictures to post. Sorry. =D

We also went to see this cool statue called the Awakening. I will post a picture in the gallery. My cousin kept trying to run up the knee, which was tricky because it was a steep smooth metal surface. It was also pretty hot. I tried, but I got freaked out about 3/4 of the way up. Oops. =)

I don’t think there’s much else to talk about right now. I need to get those pictures uploaded and posted in the gallery. They’ll come eventually. ;)

1 comment:

ZaPaper said...

Makes me realize how long it's been since I've seen "your cousin". Last time I saw him he wasn't even completely proficient at walking, let alone running up a smooth steep metal surface. He must be getting really big.